Coming soon! Free workshops for arts practitioners.
Tuesday 28th February 2012
Birmingham City Council Culture Commissioning Service are offering free training workshops for arts practitioners, groups and not-for-profit organisations during March 2012.
- The benefits and draw-backs of different types of not-forl-profit organisational legal structures and the implications for committee/board members
- The meaning and implications of social enterprise models, charity status, trading arms and other relevant concerns and models of operating
- Issues and tips around organisational governance
- Information on reporting requirements to Companies House, Charity commission, CIC
regulators, and other relevant bodies, tax and VAT registration
- Relevant sector updates about new structures, relevant developments in the social enterprise agenda and where else to go for information and advice.
- An introduction to social media and web based tools such as flickr, google maps and Storify
- How to manage social media; widgets, linking accounts and dashboards
- How to get the most out of social media
Safeguarding; children, young people and vulnerable adults
- Developing safeguarding policies and procedures
- Guidance on safe working practices, including individual roles and responsibilities
- Information on the latest legislation relating to safe recruitment, CRB checking, vetting and barring requirements
Dates and Venues TBC
If you are interested in any of the above workshops please contact the Culture Commissioning Service on 0121 303 2434 or by emailing email@example.com