Inspired By My Museum
International Writing Competition
An encounter with a museum can be a life-changing experience, a realisation of the past or an inspiration for the future. If you have a poem, short story or reportage inspired by a museum you have visited, tell us and your words could be selected for publication.
It could be the space, architecture, design, an object or objects in the museum or even the museum/exhibition curator who has inspired you.
Further details (including news about extended upper age limit)
- Further to the overwhelming response to the launch of the competition, we have now extended the age limit so that any writer from anywhere in the world from the age of 16 upwards can take part.
- Entries can be up to 400 words.
- Only ONE entry is allowed per person
- LAST DATE FOR ENTRIES IS MONDAY 10 FEBRUARY 2014
IMPORTANT INFORMATION, PLEASE NOTE:
- BEFORE accessing the online form and entering the competition, you MUST read the Rules document and Frequently Asked Questions document, both of which are PDF downloads on this webpage (see above)
ONLINE ENTRY FORM
- When you have read the Rules and FAQs, you can follow this link to access the online entry form sampadarts.wufoo.com/forms/inspiredbymymuseum/ (opens in new tab)
If you prefer to enter by post, send an email requesting information on how to do this to: Anne@sampad.org.uk
The Inspired by My Museum competition is a partnership between sampad and British Council. The competition has received kind support from the Museums Association.