Education, Outreach and Lifelong learning is at the heart of everything we do.
Through South Asian arts we aim to actively enrich participants understanding of society, culture, diversity and citizenship.
We work in a wide range of school and community settings, from toddlers to the elderly, providing quality experiences with professional artists where everyone is included, valued and encouraged to make a positive contribution, improving confidence and inspiring creativity.
Sampad’s vision for the Education & Outreach programme for Academic year 2014/2015 is to deliver creative programmes linked to curriculum subjects and school values.
We work with local and international artists from diverse cultural backgrounds. All our artists are trained tutors with CRB checks.
Sampad supports Arts Council England’s 7 quality principles for work with children and young people (below). We aim to build our learning and participation activities with these qualities at the fore of our thinking and overall delivery.
- Striving for excellence
- Being authentic
- Being exciting, inspiring and engaging
- Ensuring a positive, child-centred experience
- Actively involving children and young people
- Providing a sense of personal progression
- Developing a sense of ownership and belonging.
Find out more
- Teachers – workshops and resources for Schools
- Outreach – workshops and projects in the community
- Inspired by Tagore – International writing competition for budding writers aged 8 – 15 and 16 and over